Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daddy's Little Peach, and the Apple of His Eye

Our kids have all been "spitter" babies, and thus we have gone through our fair share of bibs.  Trust me on this, bibs are not all created equal.  My sister-in-law Krista made two beautiful bibs for Naomi that we use even now for Miss Alicia.  I love the shape and size and they are super absorbent.  I wanted to recreate these bibs so we could have more of them, but they are sewn, and I am a horrible seamstress.  I scoured the internet for weeks trying to find a suitable knit or crochet pattern without any luck, so I came up with this very simple single-crochet bib with a girly double-crochet ruffle in the general size and shape of the ones that Krista had made.  Dave is always calling Alicia his "little peach" and he really wanted the bib to have a peach on it, but I couldn't find a pattern for that either, so I made one up (the stem and leaf were done from this pattern I found for an apple coaster, but using a 6mm hook).  It came out looking exactly like an apple, and of course I know it's red, but it was scrap yarn and for some reason I thought it might look like that deep blush a really ripe peach has.  Oops!  Anyway, who will even notice a bib when Alicia is wearing it?!  Such a cutie-pie, and she was gracious enough to pose for a photo.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Well I love the bib but come on that grin is a show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grin is awesome! Hmm, you could get paid for work like this :) I have a baby shower this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are sweet! i have two bibs waiting in the wings, ready to be finished for either a boy or a girl. the boy finish is one with a bow-tie and buttons, the other with a neck tie. the girl finish is cupcakes and ruffles. let me know if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yeah....in both. :) I have a girl baby shower this weekend and a baby boy who was born months ago that I've been meaning to bring something to so just send me an email or give me a call and let me know how much and when I can pick them up. I love unique gifts. Thanks Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you're right. It's hard to take your eyes off that beautiful face to look at the bib! :) You do beautiful work, Corinne, I love the ruffly edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...she is SO sweet....such a beautiful smile:) I love the bib..they would make such a nice gift for a new Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your lovely comments everyone! xo

    ReplyDelete