Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Who Gets a Blog for Their Birthday?

So here is Jill's actual birthday present.  It's a shawl that I knit based on a Lion Brand pattern called the Shawl of Gratitude.

This simple pattern creates a fabric with two distinctly different but equally beautiful sides, and the name of the pattern could not have been more appropriate.  I really am so grateful to have Jill as not only my sister, but also my friend.

The yarn is Bernat Cottontots in Sweet Cream.  Jill is on the taller side, so I made this quite a bit longer than the pattern called for...  It's actually taller than I am!  I kept asking Dave what he thought, "Is it long enough NOW?".  I just kept going until I got his stamp of approval.  I think at the end of it, he might have been just toying with me to see how long I would keep knitting.  :)

Thanks to Jill for taking this picture for me.  MWAH!

3 comments:

  1. that is absolutely beautiful. i want one!!!! you name the price

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wish I could knit - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete