Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Name's Bond. Baby Bond.

How do you solve the problem of a stylin' baby Bond who enjoys his formula shaken, not stirred, but can't hold his applesauce-tini?  Take him out in a bib that's as sophisticated as he is and has just the right amount of pomp for any circumstance.

I wrote in an earlier post about how hand-knit and crocheted items have a natural tendency to look girly, so when making anything for a boy, especially a baby boy, it's important to make the items as boyish as possible.  It's every mother's nightmare for someone to come up to their handsome baby boy and say "What a beautiful baby girl!".  I take no chances when making baby boy items, and these bibs are no exception.

The foundation is just the basic single crochet bib I made for Alicia, minus the ruffle, of course.  I searched high and low for just the right thing to applique onto this boy version, and hit the jackpot when I found this necktie applique pattern.  The bow-tie and buttons were a natural choice to create a super cute and very masculine set.  The bow-tie is just a glorified rectangle, and for the buttons I used the cherry from this cupcake applique pattern, sewn on just like, you guessed it, a button!

6 comments:

  1. Corinne, you should start a little business making these bibs - they are absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blow my mind. This is so creative. I agree you need to get these on ebay or somewhere for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks mom and kelly! who knows, maybe an ebay/etsy store will soon come to be... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, Corinne! If you decide you want to start a business, I highly recommend Etsy - it's a great community and has very reasonable rates. And I think you would do awesome - your bibs are completely unique!

    ReplyDelete